Meet botanical watercolor! It has as many nuances as adventures along the way. We’ll go through all the trends and details of modern botanical illustration.
Svetlana will help you acquire different techniques that will help you make your works as realistic as possible. Flowers, fruits, vegetables – you name it. Let them glow!
- Detailed review of botanical illustration types and popular ways of drawing plants;
- Basics of composition required in botanical watercolor
- Lessons on drawing a pear, a grean leaf and a pencil drawn flower.
- Everything you need to know about required materials and how to choose them so they fit your style.
- Different watercolor techniques and how you can apply them to botanical illustration
- Even more lessons: drawing an apple, an onion and a red pepper to make sure you got the watercolor techniques and textures right.
- Different colors and flowers. Tulip and peony as the final test.
- ..and much more including making your experience as a botanical artist a lot smoother.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- Step by step approach: watch videos, learn new things, upload photos of your results and get access to the next lesson. Rinse and repeat!
- Svetlana will analyse and record and prepare a video review of each of your works from dd.mm to dd.mm
- Lifetime and 24/7 access to all the videos of this course.
- Number of students is limited to 10.
CHECK OUT THE RESULTS
Lectoroom is a unique online school of painting, drawing and illustration. Based on the author programs of the teachers with whom we cooperate, here you will learn a lot of new things in different techniques. When, where and how much. It's all online.
You have access to videos courses 24/7.
Watercolor: You can choose either Nevskaya Palitra or Winsor&Newton watercolor following this table (the left ones are Nevskaya Palitra):
- 214 Lemon = 722 winsor lemon
- 201 Cadmium yellow deep = 730 winsor yellow
- 206 Ochre light /218 Yellow ochre = 744 yellow ochre
- 217 golden deep = 089 cadmium orange
- 304 cadmium orange =724 winsor orange
- 309 red ochre = 362 light red
- 302 cadmium red light = 603 scarlet lake
- 364 geranium red = 548 quinacridone red
- 319 carmine = 502 permanent rose
- 313 madder lake red light 466 permanent alisarin crimson
- 324 quinacridone rose =545 quinacridone magenta
- 621 quinacridone violet = 733 winsor violet
- 513 azure = 707 winsor blue green shade
- 511 ultramarine = 263 french ultramarine
- 713 emerald green = 719 winsor green blue shade
- 725 green = 311 hookers green
- 405 raw sienna = 552 rew sienna
- 406 burnt sienna = 074 burnt sienna
- 413 sepia = 609 sepia
Brushes: Get one thin synthetic pointed brush of your liking.
Paper: Saunders Waterford Hot Pressed 300gm is recommended for this course. But if you are not used to smooth paper you can buy:
- Arches Fin 300 gm
- Canson Moulin du Roy fin 300 gm
- Bockingford fin 190 и 300 gm
- Arches Satin 300 gm
- Canson Moulin du Roy Satin 300 gm (flip side)
- Canson Moulin du Roy fin 300 gm (flip side)
- Bockingford Hot Pressed 300 gm