What’s in there? Course includes the basics of watercolor painting and various techniques that you can apply drawing evocative pictures, creating dimensional space within the worksheet by using the perfect color combinations. I’ve never tried watercolors before, do you think I can cope with it? The course suits every watercolor enthusiast, but will be especially helpful for those who takes their first steps with watercolors, and fans of Julia Barminova’s artistic manner.
DURING THE COURSE YOU WILL:
- Learn which brushes artists use to paint waves, and which for the street lamps;
- Create your own watercolor palette;
- Reveal the secrets of the perfect combination of colors;
- Learn how to arrange a harmonious color palette for your work;
- Discover how to portray a large range of colors with a single layer;
- Try to make gradient fillings;
- Learn the peculiarities of architectural watercolors;
- Make the right sketch for the watercolor;
- Apply color theory in practice.
Lectoroom is a unique online school of painting, drawing and illustration. Based on the author programs of the teachers with whom we cooperate, here you will learn a lot of new things in different techniques. When, where and how much. It's all online.
You have access to videos courses 24/7.
- Brushes: types, characteristics, purposes.
- Paints: Julia Barminova’s shows her own palette
- System of perfect contrasts. Rules of tone, color, hue.
- How to extend a contrasting pair to a contrasting dozen;
- How to maintain color balance in your work.
- Fitting intricate color range in a single layer;
- Fillings: How to
- Materials overview
- Sketching from photos;
- Learn from Julia: personal methods and techniques;
- Preparing a worksheet for watercolors;
- Using color theory in practice;
- Sequence of the fillings;
- Utmost contrasts;
- Working on shadows;
- Fine details
- How to create texture
Reviews of author`s courses
Amazing my second course by Julia and I've learned so much. She is so talented it is really generous that she is sharing her skills and how she sees water, thank you!
I learned so much thank you!
I really loved it! Soooo many details, soo beautiful and useful! The only part where I wish the process was not cut is when Julia paints the waves, as a fundamental step and I have the feeling in some parts there were tiny little details missing of how she did it. But overall I have loved it and I am looking forward to trying it over and over again!
Just a bit more indication on how wet the paper is supposed to be would have been welcome :) the rest is perfect. Thank you! I love the restult :)
Julia's explanations were very helpful for understanding how to paint the sea. I had the wrong paper (no 100% cotton), but I'm happy with the first result though. I'm curious how my paintings will look when I have bought 100% cotton paper. Thank you very much!
I really liked how Julia explained her painting - it was very useful for my own painting, I am very happy with it. Thank you very much.
Julia explained everything really nice and I had some mind-blown moments when I thought "oh this explains a lot, why I don't like some of my paintings" because I didn't thought much about contrasts of colors before. But now I will :) It was a bit difficult to read the english subtitles and watch Julia painting simultaneously, but it worked with stopping the videos and going back.
Very clear instruction on the techniques and colour mixing. Really enjoyed painting along!
I was so use full for me, I knew new opprouch
Wonderful course thank you so much!
Very kind and charming instructor, excellent explanations, easy to follow. I especially liked the preparatory exercises to understand the specific watercolor technique Julia Barminova is using.
Julia Barminova explains very well her technique , very good course, thank you
excellent course with very good and comprehensible explanations
Very beautiful and helpful course, love it. Thank you Julia!
Julia Barminova is the best teacher and I love her style very much. Hope there will be much more courses from her, for example painting lanterns or buildings :-)