What’s in there? Course includes the basics of watercolor painting and various techniques that you can apply drawing evocative pictures, creating dimensional space within the worksheet by using the perfect color combinations. I’ve never tried watercolors before, do you think I can cope with it? The course suits every watercolor enthusiast, but will be especially helpful for those who takes their first steps with watercolors, and fans of Julia Barminova’s artistic manner.
DURING THE COURSE YOU WILL:
- Learn which brushes artists use to paint waves, and which for the street lamps;
- Create your own watercolor palette;
- Reveal the secrets of the perfect combination of colors;
- Learn how to arrange a harmonious color palette for your work;
- Discover how to portray a large range of colors with a single layer;
- Try to make gradient fillings;
- Learn the peculiarities of architectural watercolors;
- Make the right sketch for the watercolor;
- Apply color theory in practice.
Lectoroom is a unique online school of painting, drawing and illustration. Based on the author programs of the teachers with whom we cooperate, here you will learn a lot of new things in different techniques. When, where and how much. It's all online.
You have access to videos courses 24/7.
- Brushes: types, characteristics, purposes.
- Paints: Julia Barminova’s shows her own palette
- System of perfect contrasts. Rules of tone, color, hue.
- How to extend a contrasting pair to a contrasting dozen;
- How to maintain color balance in your work.
- Fitting intricate color range in a single layer;
- Fillings: How to
- Materials overview
- Sketching from photos;
- Learn from Julia: personal methods and techniques;
- Preparing a worksheet for watercolors;
- Using color theory in practice;
- Sequence of the fillings;
- Utmost contrasts;
- Working on shadows;
- Fine details
- How to create texture
Reviews of author`s courses
Loved it :) спасибо болшое!
Following Julia while painting is amazing…I struggled with having to follow instructions, mixing colors while I don’t have all the same hue and painting at the same time but I really enjoy the practice and hope there would be more English courses from her soon.
I am absolutely in love with Julia's way of painting,, excellent lesson incredibly informative ad extremely enjoyable and very easy to follow. Hope to become as good as she is with my boats and water! There are many courses out there and I have followed many, but noone has been so helpful and useful both for technique and instructions provided.
Really like learning Julia's technique, would have love to be able to see or download the reference photo
This course was easier to follow than the sea and sails course. Clear, easy to understand instructions.
I learned so many things watching this course. I really appreciated your explanation of choosing the techniques you use to achieve believable water. That was extremely helpful. I also enjoyed hearing how you decide to simplify the photo as a watercolor focused on the water! Please do more. And your English is great! You don’t need to apologize!
I really like this lesson!
Love the course! Julia explain it very well.. I like how she mention what is wrong and what is right on watercolor techniques! I painted water before.. but this course really gave me another view! i want to try only one layer like Julia mention in the class! thank you..thank you!!
Great course with a lovely teacher. Julia explained all the steps perfectly. I wish the course was not sped up in parts but that may have made it too long. Thank you very much Julia!
The course was very good and very intense. I did not know we had to work simultaneously with Julia so I got behind from the start and did not finish in time to upload for review. However I had some very nice hours afterwards following the course on replay and painting the hydrangeas. I love the way it is filmed so that you can follow the actual painting process live - that is very informative and there are lots of big discoveries in watching how Julia works. Great course.
It was great!