The basics of watercolor paintingЗаочный (онлайн)
Master the exquisite techniques guided by your favorite artist!
What’s in there? Course includes the basics of watercolor painting and various techniques that you can apply drawing evocative pictures, creating dimensional space within the worksheet by using the perfect color combinations. I’ve never tried watercolors before, do you think I can cope with it? The course suits every watercolor enthusiast, but will be especially helpful for those who takes their first steps with watercolors, and fans of Julia Barminova’s artistic manner.
- How long does it take? The course is scheduled for one month and includes 6 theoretical lectures and 5 practical homeworks.
- I missed some points of the lecture, what do I do? No worries, after the completion of the month you will still have unlimited access to videos of the lectures, so you can refresh your knowledge as long as you want and as many times as you need.
DURING THE COURSE YOU WILL:
- Learn which brushes artists use to paint waves, and which for the street lamps;
- Create your own watercolor palette;
- Reveal the secrets of the perfect combination of colors;
- Learn how to arrange a harmonious color palette for your work;
- Discover how to portray a large range of colors with a single layer;
- Try to make gradient fillings;
- Learn the peculiarities of architectural watercolors;
- Make the right sketch for the watercolor;
- Apply color theory in practice.
LECTURE 1. Materials and the workplace. The basics of chromatology
- Brushes: types, characteristics, purposes.
- Paints: Julia Barminova’s shows her own palette
- System of perfect contrasts. Rules of tone, color, hue.
Task No 1: Find your own contrasting pairs
LECTURE 2. Color cards. How to find harmonious combinations and use them in your works.
- How to extend a contrasting pair to a contrasting dozen;
- How to maintain color balance in your work.
Task No 2: Create your own color cards.
LECTURE 3. The basics of single layer watercolor technique
- Fitting intricate color range in a single layer;
- Fillings: How to
Task No 3: Practice basic watercolor techniques
LECTURE 4. Sketching architectural element in pencil
- Materials overview
- Sketching from photos;
- Learn from Julia: personal methods and techniques;
Task No 4: Sketching architectural element in pencil
LECTURE 5. Guidelines: from general to particular, from light to dark. Filling the illuminated parts
- Preparing a worksheet for watercolors;
- Using color theory in practice;
- Sequence of the fillings;
- Utmost contrasts;
LECTURE 6. Final Steps. Shadows and details
- Working on shadows;
- Fine details
- How to create texture
Task No 5: Drawing architectural element with watercolors
Лекция 1Materials and the workplace. The basics of chromatology
Лекция 2Color cards. How to find harmonious combinations and use them in your works
Лекция 3The basics of single layer watercolor technique
Лекция 4Sketching architectural element in pencil
Лекция 5Guidelines: from general to particular, from light to dark
Лекция 6Final Steps. Shadows and details