Plots with dry nature have a number of characteristic features: usually, they are expressive in form (imagine dried rose hips) and limited in color.
In this lesson, Svetlana Lance will tell you how to work with complex, twisted or deformed volumes in drawing and color, as well as how to correctly place color accents using only 5-6 similar colors. At first glance, the task may seem difficult, but in just 38 minutes of the lesson, together with the author, you will write a spectacular dry sheet and work out the necessary skills.
In a programme
- Preparatory drawing: format, layout on the sheet, search for the form.
- How not to yellow the leaf and achieve a natural color
- Reflex distribution and first fill
- Elaboration of veins and denticles
- Working with round volumes
- How to make a leaf look natural
- How to color-separate curled edges from the main body of the sheet and increase the volume
- What details are worth highlighting to enhance the realistic effect
- Final shading
What is Lectoroom?
Lectoroom is a unique online school of painting, drawing and illustration. Based on the author programs of the teachers with whom we cooperate, here you will learn a lot of new things in different techniques. When, where and how much. It's all online.
You have access to videos courses 24/7.
Useful materials. Withered leaf
Svetlana has made a Pinterest board for you to watch
Botanical painting. Withered leaf
In 40 minutes you will write a realistic dry sheet of complex shape
Watercolor Winsor & Newton: ultramarine, red ocher, yellow ocher, burnt sienna, sepia, natural sienna, golden ocher. Some paints can be replaced with White Nights watercolors
The most versatile paper that fits all Saunders Waterford Hot Pressed 300gm. If you are just starting your acquaintance with botanical painting and are not yet used to smooth papers:
- Arches Fin 300 gm
- Canson Moulin du Roy fin 300 gm
- Bockingford fin 190 и 300 gm
- Arches Satin 300 gm
- Canson Moulin du Roy Satin 300 gm (back side)
- Canson Moulin du Roy fin 300 gm (back side)
It is enough to buy one medium synthetic brush with a sharp tip and it is suitable for both fills and details. The brush can be selected from the following brands:
- Escoda Perla
- Pentel "Aquash Brush"
I advise against: brushes by Mr Painter
Columns for small veins: Nevskaya Palitra with white handle # 2 or # 3